A freelancer is someone who performs tasks, usually for multiple employers over the course of a year. Freelancing is one of the easiest and fastest way to startup for yourself and setup your business. There are lots of freelancing websites out there. But we don’t know most of them. Here i will be adding few sites which can be very useful for newbies. It’s a brief article that will explain you about different freelancing website also covering up how can you work, what are the business opportunities for you, which website suits you to most and much more.
Here is the list of few online freelancing websites that offer online IT based work.
- Elance (Upwork Now)
- Freelacne Writing Gigs
- Demand Media
- College Recruiter
What kinds of business opportunities are present on these sites?
Knowing the business opportunities matters a lot and can greatly help you to chose the best platform for you. Here is the small description of the every website which gives an idea of what kind of business opportunities you can have on these websites.
Upwork is the great platform for Freelancing career to work on various technologies include web, mobile & software, IT and Networking, Writing, Sales and Marketing etc. Hourly projects are good in Upwork.
With a distinctly different approach than the other services on this list,Toptal is for seasoned, talented freelancers. Passing Toptal’s screening process gives you unparalleled access to meaningful projects with great clients (JPMorgan, Zendesk, Airbnb, etc.) and fair compensation (no low-bid contests).
Unlike most other platforms, in addition to offering millions of projects, Freelancer allows you to compete with other freelancers in contests to prove your skills and earn prize money more then $1000. Other than this, it offers you other business services as well. You can post up your own services to Freelancer and attract client. You can keep a monthly rate for your services. Services can be of any kind from Technology related Services to Writing Services.
Other then all above, it also offers you the jobs in different categories including Mobile Apps on the top, Web Platfrom, Digital Media , Data Entry, Engineering and Science, Sales and Marketing and much more.
Fiverr is a global online marketplace offering tasks and services, beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from which it gets its name. The site is primarily used by freelancers who use Fiverr to offer services to customers worldwide.
- Online Marketing
- Writing & Translation
- Video & Animation
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
- Graphics & Design
Albeit the vast majority see Craigslist as only a stage for purchasing and offering different things, it’s really an extraordinary wellspring of independent occupations. You can without much of a stretch scan for neighbourhood offerings on the chance that you lean toward something in-office, or you can seek by real urban areas on the chance that you favour working remotely
It offers a vast services for the business, including IT Services as well. Most coming business services on the Website are related to Real Estate Work, Community work and offers you to put items on sale and allow users to buy your items.
This website is best for the people who are not Technology Oriented.
This site gives you a chance to effectively showcase your past work experience and offers a day by day occupation coordinating component to verify you don’t pass up a major opportunity for any great open doors. The Guru Work Room gives you a chance to effortlessly deal with all your work.
A stage for independent creators, 99designs gives you a chance to contend in outline challenges and get input as customers pick the best ones. It’s an incredible path for skilled originators to demonstrate their abilities and make some earnings.
This is an awesome stage, concentrating on outsourcing for web ventures. In case you’re a fashioner, web engineer, SEO pro, and so on. Peopleperhour is unquestionably worth looking at.
Freelancer Writing Gigs:
Whether you’re an author, editorial manager, blogger, distributer or any mix of those, Freelance Writing Gigs is an incredible choice for consultants who have a path with words.
Demand Media is a stage for innovative sorts, including authors, movie producers, makers, picture takers and the sky is the limit from there. You work with the site to make novel substance, connect with groups of onlookers and advance your gifts.
As the name recommend, College Recruiter is for undergrads or late graduates searching for independent employments of any sort. Notwithstanding being a hotspot for low maintenance work, it can be an extraordinary approach to kick off your profession.
This platform is for independent authors, web creators and developers – precisely what little organizations need to get a site thought off the ground. GetACoder offers a large number of littler scale ventures to look over.
This stage suits a portion of the typical suspects of the outsourcing scene (journalists, editors, coders, and so forth.) additionally elements independent advertisers also.
With many task classes, Project4hire makes it simple to recognize occupations that suit your skillset, without looking over huge volumes of posts. It’s incredible for coders, advisors, architects and the sky is the limit from there.
With a more extensive territory than most other independent stages offer, SimplyHired is ideal for everybody from salesmen to development labourers. It incorporates an online journal with procuring tips, an organization index and area based inquiry.
Business domains are covered in each site
|Websites & IT||Mobiles Apps||Arts & Desing||Sales & Marketing||Movies Production||Blogger Work||Online Marketing||Advertisers||Data Entry|
What kind of skillset is required to do work on these sites?
These are 15 different sites and the offer many different types of domains to work on. Most top domains have already been mentioned above. Here are skillsets.
If you have any of them, you can easily work on the above mentioned websites and in the different categories that match your skills.
- If you are good in
- You are a good designer, and have skills in Photoshop, Corel Draw Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Illustrator. You can work in any of categories that is Arts and Design or Movie Productions.
- You have a good experience in Desktop Application Development.
- You have a good experience in Mobile Application Development.
- You are good Web Developer.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- A creative approach.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Drive, motivation and initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- The confidence to ‘sell’ your ideas
Then you can go for Sales and Marketing, Online Advertisements and make a lot of Money out of it.
Not only for Sales and Marketing, but these skills as important as other skills for other domains. If you are a Mobile App Developer, you need to have these skills also in you in order to make good communications with your clients. Because at the end your way of communication with others matters a lot than anything else.
This a very simple overview of the basic skills you need to have if you would love to work online, as an entrepreneur
Can an individual bid on this site? Or does it have to be a company to bid on this site?
All above sites provide you the option to bid as in Individual. Few websites also allow you to bid as a company.
The popular sites that allows you to bid as a company are
There are also some websites that restricts you to BID as a COMPANY. They only require individual to bid on the websites. Two of those website that restrict to you bid as company includes
Geographical Location of These companies
|Mountain View, CA, United States of America|
|Upwork||Campbell, California, United States|
|People Per Hour||London, United Kingdom|
|Fiver||TEL AVIV, Israel|
|Craigslist||San Francisco, CA|
|99Designs||USA , Australia , Brazil , Germany|
|Demand Media||New York, NA|
|College Recruiter||Minneapolis, MN 55410-2102|
|525 Almanor Ave, Suite 100
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
What are the average projects rates offered on each side?
The average project rate varies from project to project
There are three categories of the projects on these sites, that includes
So, if we talk the Category (1) we mostly get the project rates starting from $20 to $200.
These are the low level projects, and can greatly kick off your startup if you perform better in these project if you currently started off.
If we talk about the category (2) we will find the rates of projects starting from $250 up to $2000
In the category (3) the project rates are above $2000. They are very high level projects and demand lot of work experience.
Do you have to pay any amount upfront to bid on this site?
No, we don’t need to pay any kind of upfront amount on a normal bid. But there are some cases where we do need to pay the amount in order to place the bid.
For example in some case we want to highlight our bid, so we would need to pay an amount from $1 – $5.
If we want to outstand out bid and place on the top of all the bid, we need to pay an amount from $10 – $15 depending upon what site we are on.
How do they ensure that the Customers and the Suppliers (participants) are not fake?
This is a quite challenging question to answer. There are lots of constrains and can lead to long discussions. We just cannot point out any one as fake. To know fake user, your experience counts the most. With your experience you can judge weather the project/customer/suppliers are fake or not.
Here are few constrains which help out in judging weather its fake or not.
- What I generally do, check the product, if it’s excessively straightforward or extremely nonspecific, pass it as fake!
- Check for spending plan, on the chance that somebody needs to achieve moon and stars with peanuts and guarantee for more work, it’s fake!
- In the event that financial plan is high, contents are something like points of interest will be shared to chosen ones hopefully – it’s fake!
- One of the issues that can happen when you begin with these sites is having a restricted portfolio. Be that as it may, even a little portfolio demonstrates the nature of work you can give. On the chance that a customer requests that you send them an example of what you can accomplish for them, (for example, what happened with me), then cordially direct them to your portfolio. In the event that they squeeze you for more data or a definite format of a configuration, then request that they sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). On the chance that they won’t, then you know, you simply have to stay away.
- Before you start any task, affirm that the executive’s payment method is verified. Furthermore, how would you do that? Straightforward. At the work’s base posting, check for this green shade on the $ sign. On the chance that the customer has not got any verified payment method and hires you for a long term, it can be a scam.
- How to deal with above point (5) can be of great importance. It might be a real project from the client and you might be losing them just because they don’t have a verified payment method? There is a way to verify that out. See for the user profile. Is there any feedback? If yes what does the feedback say? Is it a negative feedback? If yes what does the negative feedback says? Does it comments on the payment issues? The negative feedback is not the whole story. You must also look for the positive feedback. Check for what does the positive feedback says. Check for the users who have given the positive feedback. It might be an irritated kind of work for you but if the deal is good, you would have to do this. If after all you are still unsure, then forget about it. It could be a scam. After all your experience counts the most.
There might be many other reason for pointing up the project as Fake. But the thing are simple, there no tool that can tell you about the project reality. It’s the way you judge out the things.